✬ Overview ✬
Beta heart® is a nutritious vanilla-flavoured powder that contains the key ingredient OatWell™ oat beta-glucan. Oat beta glucan has been shown to lower or maintain blood cholesterol.*
✬ Key Benefits ✬
- 3 g of oat beta-glucans help to lower cholesterol* (2 scoops)
- 1.5 g oat beta-glucans help to maintain cholesterol** (1 scoop)
- Sugar free
- With no artificial sweeteners
- High in fibre (3 g per scoop)
- Source of protein
- 25 kcal per scoop
✬ Details ✬
Whatever your age, lifestyle factors can play a big part in raising your cholesterol. Take control of your health in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Eat well:
Reduce your intake of trans and saturated fats with simple food swaps:
-Wholegrains over white bread/pasta.
-Oily fish or lean poultry over processed or red meat.
-Nuts, seeds or soy beans over ready-to-eat snacks like crisps.
Step 2: Get active:
Being active helps to increase the ‘good’ cholesterol (HDL) in your blood. It stimulates the movement of fatty deposits to the liver, which helps to keep the heart and blood vessels in good condition.
150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week is all you need** – try 30 minutes, 5 days per week!
Step 3: Boost your diet:
High in fibre and a source of protein, one serving of Beta heart® also provides 1.5g beta-glucans; a soluble fibre found in the oat bran from oats, which helps to lower or maintain your cholesterol.*
✬ Usage ✬
Mix two 2 scoops of Beta heart® with water for a sugar free drink. You can also mix with fruit juice or add it to your favourite Formula 1 shake once per day. Alternatively mix 1 scoop twice per day.
✬ Additional Information ✬
Beta heart® (229 g)
* Oat beta-glucan has been shown to lower/reduce blood cholesterol. High cholesterol is a risk factor in the development of coronary heart disease. Beta-glucans contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of oat beta-glucan. Coronary heart disease has multiple risk factors and altering one of these risk factors may or may not have a beneficial effect.
** Oat beta-glucans contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. The claim may be used only for food which contains at least 1 g of beta-glucans from oats, oat bran, barley, barley bran, or from mixtures of these sources per quantified portion. In order to bear the claim information shall be given to the consumer that the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of beta-glucans from oats, oat bran, barley, barley bran, or from mixtures of these beta-glucans.
OatWell™ is a trademark of DSM.
Beta heart® is approved by cholesterol charity HEART UK, who provide expert support, guidance and education on cholesterol.
HEART UK operates a product approval scheme to help signpost the public to heart-healthy foods that can play a positive role in helping manage their cholesterol.
HEART UK Charity Registration Number 1003904.