Are you following an Herbalife meal plan, but you want to skip drinking the Formula 1 shake and take a normal meal instead? This can be possible as long as you have a healthy eating plan to properly control portion sizes and avoid overeating.
Anyone who uses an Herbalife meal plan can still lose weight fast even without the Formula 1 shake. The key is a healthy eating plan where portion control is observed. We are going to share to you how you can do this successfully.
How Much Nutrition Is In One Formula 1 Shake?
The Herbalife Formula 1 Nutritional Shake is a grab-and-go meal alternative solution with up to 20 vitamins, minerals and vital nutrients – a perfect diet plan for weight loss. It is like eating a healthy, balanced meal and losing weight at the same time. One Formula 1 Shake Mix is packed with:
- Soy protein – a complete protein supplying all essential amino acids
- Rich in protein from soy and dairy – (18 g/serving), a great alternative if you want to build lean muscle mass along with exercise
- Gives dietary amino acids (from the protein) which the body cannot generate on its own
- Packed with vitamins and minerals, with antioxidant vitamins A, C and E which help prevent cell damage
- Calorie–controlled – roughly 220 kcal/serving
However, if you want to follow the step-by-step Herbalife meal plan without the Formula 1 shake, you can effectively lose weight by oberving portion control.
Controlling Portion Sizes
The first step in successful portion control is learning the accurate serving size. The serving size can generally be found by reading nutritional labels. But the portion is the quantity of food or drink an individual chooses to consume. Most often, the portion eaten is larger than the serving size simply because we do not know any better.
Here are few easy tips for controlling portion sizes:
1.) Do not skip meals – If you are famished, you will be more tempted to eat an extra-large portion.
2.) Use portion control plates– These are useful plates with painted lines that help calculate carbohydrates, proteins, starch, etc.
3.) Plan your meals – Making a list of what you will eat before you eat will help you eat slowly.
4.) Measure and weigh food – Learn how to estimate serving sizes by comparing food to objects. Use the illustration below as your guide.
Why Eat Nutritious Food?
Because they are good and healthy for you. Nutritious food keeps your mind active, your heart beating, your muscles working and gives you energy. Eating healthy minimizes your chance of getting sick. Most of all, when you eat foods found in the food pyramid, you are able to lose weight while achieving the same nutrition and low calories when drinking a Formula 1 shake. The picture below explains a 100-calorie portion for some healthy and unhealthy snack choices.
How to Eyeball Calories
The first step is to determine the amount of calories you need to consume to drop the extra weight. For example, if your calorie intake is around 2,000 calories a day, you divide your meals into 5 for the day leaving you with around 400 calories per meal.
Here is a simple formula for estimating the amount of calories in foods you will eat throughout the day:
- Meats and proteins (lean cuts) - 200 calories / 6 oz.
- Carbohydrates - 200 calories for 1 cup
- Vegetables (any type) - 50 calories / 1 cup
- Fruits - 100 calories / medium-sized piece
Another way to eyeball calories is by simply reading food labels. For more information about counting calories, refer to the picutre below.
Hand to Mouth: Easy Trick to Control the Portion of Your Lunch and Dinner
You're going to use your hands to help determine the portion size of your carbs, protein, vegetables, fruits and fats for your meals.
- Carbohydrates:1 fist size (measure rice, potatoes, pasta)
- Protein: 1 palm size and its thickness (measure poultry, fish fillet, steak)
- Vegetables: 2 open hands (measure salad, steamed broccoli)
- Fruits: 1 fist size (measure apple, berries, orange)
- Fats:the tip of your thumb (measure oil, margarine, butter)
Healthy Eating Plan When Eating Out
Eating in restaurants mean consuming more food than one person needs. You can take control of this and still have a healthy eating plan by:
- Splitting the salad with your friend or hubby.
- Packing half of your meal in a to-go container when it arrives.
- Order a kid’s size meal or the smallest size.
Healthy Eating Plan At Home
- Rethink second helpings. Hide them if needed.
- Eat small healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Place food in an individual-sized container or a small plate before eating it.
Having a healthy eating plan with an Herbalife meal plan while still eating “normal meals” is truly easy and possible. If you have questions, do not hesitate to shoot us an e-mail. Wishing you all the best!
Rooting for you,
~ The HSO Team ~
Featured Image Source: